verbal skills, and are dedicated to help our language learners overcome their communication barriers and meet our minimum requirements, then were are looking for you. Our instructors enjoy flexible hours and schedules, extensive training, competitive pay, and excellent opportunities for advancement, promotion, and bonuses. But best of all Jamaica Language School instructors enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that they are part of a team using their talents to help others overcome their communication barriers.
Important Notice to Applicants:
Jamaica Language School accepts Cambridge Assessment English Qualifications, for additional informations link to
To apply for a teaching position with Jamaica Language School, you must submit your resume and cover letter to our department of Programs and Professional Development (Attention: Roxan Richards M.D. at jamaicalanguageschool.com
How do I apply?
In order to apply to become a Jamaica Language School Instructor, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Have excellent (native proficiency in the language(s) you wish to teach. Complete grammatical and lexical command as well as literacy skills equivalent to those of an educated native speaker of the language.
2. Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to language education (e.g.) applied linguistics, ESL/TESOL/TEFL, language education, foreign languages) or for English/ESL instructors whose degree out of field, hold a relevant qualification in addition to the bachelor's degree (such as a CELTA, Graduate Certificate in TESOL, TEFL Certificate, etc.)
3. Have experience relevant to teaching ESL or foreign languages to students at the post secondary adult education level.
4. For instructors of languages other than English, have at least intermediate proficiency in written and spoken English.
5. Have legal authorization to work in Jamaica at the time you apply.
6. Reside near our school at the time you apply. Due to the volume of applications we receive and the nature of our new instructor screening process, we cannot accept applications from candidates who reside beyond the regions we serve. If you plan on moving to Jamaica, please wait until after your relocation to the area has been completed before you apply.
We carefully review and consider all submitted resumes. However, not all applicants are invited to participate in all steps of the screening process. Please note that these are our minimum application requirements. Meeting our minimum application requirement alone does not guarantee that you will be selected. Candidates with a master's degree in a relevant education or language-related field and prior experience teaching ESL or a foreign language are given very strong priority in our selection process.
If you meet these qualification and wish to embark on an exciting new journey as part of the Jamaica Language School team, then please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to Dr. Roxan Richards.
Please be sure to direct all questions regarding your application process to Dr. Roxan Richards, CEO and Director of Programs and Professional Development at the the email address firstname.lastname@example.org